PI First Name:
PI last name:
Area/s of Research:
The student project assistant will provide general logistical support, perform technical analysis, and assist with the production of written and/or printed materials for the project. Activities will be performed under the supervision of Steve Gaines and will entail 10-15 hours/week of effort. Specific activities may include:
1. High-volume analysis of spatial data
2. Assist with data preparation and stewardship for ecological modeling under scenarios
of climate change
3. Preparation of visuals for presentations and/or printed materials
4. Development and maintenance of project website
5. Logistical support for meetings and workshops.
6. Assistance with the preparation of publications where relevant
The relative workload among the above activities will vary depending on the most immediate needs of the project. Student project assistant will hold weekly meetings with supervisors to define and adjust the priorities for that week.